CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Guess who you're lookin' at?"

That's how Marcus greeted me when I was getting out of the car yesterday. I thought I was lookin' at him, but figured it was something bigger and better so I asked for an explanation. He shouted "the B team quarterback."
Yes, that's right, my brainy little 80 pound boy is going to star as the Troy Middle School 7th grade B team quarterback. That is unless that big bully Center who is trying to "challenge his position" today doesn't take it away.
Photos to follow next Thursday after the big home opener- Battle of the Trojans, featuring the Troy Trojans vs. West Trojans. In case you aren't familiar, this is small town Texas and it doesn't get any bigger than football!!!! Carsyn even has a Trojans cheerleading outfit ready for the game!!!

8 comments:

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Way to go Marcus! I definitely want to see pictures. Congratulations!!!!

Amy Covey said...

Way to go Marcus!! Can they issue him some extra pads so he looks bigger and tougher?? Can't wait to hear about his first game and see photos!

Jill said...

We'll have to come see a game! Luke will love it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations,Marcus!
Good luck in your first game!
Aunt Barb

~Lori said...

Go Marcus!!

Side note: B Team is cool. I like that. In my 7th grade year, we had 2 teams: the Maroon team, and the White team.
I cheered for the "White Boys".
Heheh.
No joke.
I like the sound of "B Boys" better.

Jill said...

Marc was impressed. He was more surprised I think to realize there are enough boys in troy to even HAVE a B team! Email us a schedule please!

Anonymous said...

Go, Marcus!! Go, Troy!! Kyle was a B quarterback for 1 year. I hope Marcus is quick, cuz there isn't always a lot of protection.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Marcus. Good luck in the first game. Take lots of pictures and let us know how it goes. Tell him to run faster than he does dishes. MOM