CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happy Heart Day!!!

So, in case you didn't know...today is exactly one year since the WORST day of my life. August 3, 2005 was the day I went to the emergency room at 32 years old and 29 weeks pregnant, assuming that asthma was kicking my butt and making me miserable. Turned out I was having major heart problems- myocarditis (heart virus) resulting in cardiomyopathy (inflammation of the heart). Scary scary scary day.
I woke up this morning and as sappy as it sounds, was just truly so happy to be here! The sun was shining, my husband was sleeping next to me, Marcus was snoozing in his "cave", Carsyn was in princess dreamland, and most importantly, my perfect miracle baby Payton was in her crib playing and waiting for me. What a wonderful life!
I spend the day getting a pedicure, manicure, eyebrow wax, shopping at Hobby Lobby, a quick visit to Starbucks and then went up to Waco to eat lunch with Scott and raid the "PINK" girlie aisles of Toys R Us for Carsyn's birthday presents.
Now I am off to pick up the little angels after their first day back at school.
Once again, thanks to everyone, especially MOM, who got me through that horrible time.

7 comments:

~Lori said...

I'm glad you're all still fine and healthy! :) And that you can put that scary time in the past; and that you had a perfectly great day today!!!

Jill said...

No thanks needed... you would have done the same for any of us! We're so happy you are here today to tell the story!

Amy Covey said...

I wrote about you on my blog today too. I'm glad you had such a great day just celebrating your healthy life.

Anonymous said...

I cant believe its been a year from that awful time for you and for all of us .... I constantly check your blog .. in fact, have it automatically check for updates every day ... keep up the good work !

Love ya!
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I'm SO HAPPY YOU'RE HERE TOO!!!!!!

Wow--you have a beautiful family, Brenda, and I get tears in my eyes looking at these photos. Keep letting me know when you update the blog!

Anonymous said...

Bren - I love the pic of the family walking up towards the house, you should have that one hanging in your home (Amy is awsome, next time she comes down I want her to take pics of my family). Don't forget me at school, call me whenever there's going to be a Starbuck's run :) And I'm so thankful that you're enjoying your happy heart day!!!

Anonymous said...

A lot of prayers were answered last summer! I'm glad you could enjoy your day this year. Give that family hugs & kisses for me, & I'll give one to Grandma for you. She's getting feisty, so she's feeling better!