CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 04, 2006

When will it end?

They say bad things come in three's. Well in my life the come in 5's or 6's or more! It's always been noted how well I can handle stressful situations, illnesses, etc so I think that's why the good Lord gives me so much! Payton goes to the Dr. Wednesday and has double ear infections. Bad mommy sends her to day care on Thursday because I hate to keep using sick days so early on! Day care calls...don't worry, it's only a medicine question. Payton goes to DayCare again on Friday after crying all night and morning as "if she is in pain" SCott says. I figure it's the ear infections and send her anyway. I get a call an hour later from the director saying she won't use her left hand. I take the afternoon off to get check her out. Her hand is totally swollen and she will not bend it, crawl on it, or pick anything up on it. WE went to the doctor for the 8th time Since August 2nd and got xrays. He says it's not fractured- maybe bruised or sprained??? No one knows how long it's been hurt since we've been holding her because she's been sick and she has been screaming because she's been sick!
So it is now Monday night and she is still swollen and crawling around like a three legged dog, or an army man. She crawls on her knees, right hand and left elbow. Very odd. I think taking a photo of that and posting it is crossing the line so you'll just have to imagine.
Any motherly advice on what to do now???

5 comments:

~Lori said...

Poor Payton!!! Ice cream always helps me feel better, that's my best advice. :) Hopefully the Dr. appt's will end for a while now!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Payton. I hoped it would be better by now. Is she still crying alot? At least you got a "free" day today to stay home. Ice cream sound good--try some good old fashioned Maggie Moos.Give her a hug and kiss. Keep us informed. MOM

Amy Covey said...

Poor Payton! I hope it starts feeling better soon. And, as hard as it is for me to say, there are just some times when taking a picture just for Mommy's sake is crossing the line. I really wanted to take a picture of Jenna in the hospital this summer (looking absolutely PATHETIC hooked up to an IV) just to make a scrapbook page...but I thought that was a bit much, so I refrained.

Jill said...

My motherly advice is if it's still swollen, take her back. After 4-5 days, it should be much better. Any news from the radiologist yet? I hated when Luke couldn't tell me what hurt - it feels so helpless not to be able to help them, but know that something is wrong!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Payton is doing better with the arm. The tubes may be the best thing for the ears but sure hate it if she has to get them in.
Great pictures of the three of them and tickeld to death
about Marcus and No.14. Tell him his old great-grandfather is very happy about the football and proud of him

Bet you are surprised I can operate this computer, arent you?

Love you all a bunch.
PaPa