CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 08, 2006




Why it pays to never give up.

I learned an important lesson last year when I got sick. If you think something's wrong, it probably is. And it the doctors don't, keep hounding. Either keep going back or keep trying different doctors. After a week of Payton's arm injury and two doctors saying it wasn't anything, her pediatrician called and left a message yesterday. Turns out the radiologist looked again at the second set of xrays and there is a tiny little fracture in her ulna, down by her wrist. I was persistant and got her in this morning to orthopedics. He called it an "irregularity" but casted it because it was still bothering her. He said it is already beginning to heal because baby's bones are so resilient. Of course, I made sure she got a pink one! She has to keep it on for three weeks. She is doing ok with it but just not quite sure about it. She has actually been a lot more mobile today since she got the cast, so that makes me feel better!
So ladies, if you think you or someone you love is sick or hurt, and a doctor doesn't believe you, don't give up!!! You're probably right!

5 comments:

Amy Covey said...

oh my goodness - she looks so funny, but pathetic at the same time. i can't believe it was really broken. has she started banging it on the kitchen floor yet like her mom? give her a huge hug for us.

Brenda said...

Funny you should mention that. I was just telling mom how she was banging it on everything- the floor, the table, her bottle and mom reminded me that I did that too.

Amy Covey said...

You know the saying....what goes around, comes around. Guess this is your paybacks, huh?

Jill said...

She seems happy about it at least! I'm surprised she sat there still enough for them to do a cast - Luke never would have! She must be happier that she can move around and not be in as much pain from it. She looks so cute though!

~Lori said...

I'm glad to see that while yes, she has a fracture, and I'm sure it's no fun, she still manages to be quite stylish about it all! I love the longhorn tank top- it's all very coordinating. :)