CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 20, 2006




My Birthday Surprise Weekend

Ok, several of you have been dying to know, and I finally got our home computer working well enough to post the photos.
Scott surprised me with a birthday getaway weekend. We went to a bed and breakfast in the hill country- about an hour or so from our home. We stayed in a little log cabin in a bed and breakfast made of a main house and several individual cabins. We relaxed, caught up on a lot of sleep since there were no children there to watch, had yummy breakfasts, had a masseuse come to the cabin and the owners brought us a wonderful dinner in our cabin on saturday night. Really that's all we did...complete relaxation. Plus we played with the dogs. The one on the front porch is Honey, our favorite.

9 comments:

Amy Covey said...

It looks like a great place and sounds so relaxing. I totally need a weekend like that. Do you think Scott would take me? :)

Amy Covey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Covey said...

My comment posted twice, so I deleted it. Just didn't want you to think I said something and changed my mind about posting it.

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise! Glad you had a happy birthday! Aunt Barb

~Lori said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a lot of fun! Looks like a great place to relax.

Jill said...

How neat! That was just in Brenham? I thought that's what I read. I could use a relaxing weekend away right about now too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. We've been wondering where you went? Sounds like a really great weekend.MOM

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

How fun! Sounds like you had a great birthday. That cabin looks so neat! But let's talk about what really matters...did you see any bugs or snakes?????

Anonymous said...

That looks really nice - not my usual idea of TX. It sounds similar to Hocking Hills, "the hot tub capital", but I don't suppose there's much call for hot tubs in TX right now. Obviously the kids survived a weekend without you 2, also!