CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 09, 2010

Queen of my Trailerhood

That's me....queen of my trailerhood. It's official...my family of five now resides in a trailer...which sounds better when we say camper...or even classier...RV. I know it sounds a little odd, but it's our reality, and I promise to be positive and ok with it. You see, we have a beautiful 3000 square foot home in Weatherford...fenced in back yard, the dog roams freely...but it's 2 hours away from my husband's dream...owning his own business. It's also 2 hours away from friends and family. We decided to throw caution to the wind in a ridiculously slow housing market and go for it. I pray daily that God will send a buyer to my home in Weatherford, but so far nothing. So here we are...all five of us...mom, dad, 16 year old son, 6 year old daughter, and 4 year old daughter, in a travel trailer. Plus a chihuahua named Giselle. We had to leave a man behind....Tito is our pit bull. Even though he is our beloved family pet, there is quite a stigma attached to that breed. We thought we had a plan for him, but that fell through, so now he is spending one more week in our Weatherford backyard by himself while we hopefully come up with a plan.
I thought if I was going to live with my family in an RV two things should happen. FIRST I should make the most of it and see if it will alter our life for the better. SECOND...I decided I should journal my events to be able to look back on it. Maybe it will be so life changing for us that it will also inspire you.
Thought for the day: "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will wory about itself." I say that every night when I go to sleep and only make a daily to do list...I worry NOT about the next day or next week. For now, we are healthy, sheltered, fed, and together. And TOGETHER is the best place to be!!!

6 comments:

kierstan said...

I LOVE your positive attitude!! And also remember that your RV is much, much nicer than many people real homes, apts, etc. We miss you and are praying for a quick sale of your home so you can buy a new one down where you belong. Smiles and hugs your way!!

Anonymous said...

... and besides having the whole family together, you will only have to clean one bathroom for a while:) Aunt Barb

Jill said...

That's definitely looking on the bright side Barb! Maybe I should lend Brenda my house and move into the RV. :) Just remember your biggest goal is reached - your fam is complete again.

mps1960 said...

Being together is what really counts. Enjoy your loving family. I hope your house sells very soon!

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

I'm feeling a bit jealous of your new adventure, I must admit. I look forward to seeing the Brenda touch in the days to come.

aunt nancy said...

Wow, I can't believe I've missed a whole month of your blogs. maybe I quit looking, don't know, but I'm glad you're back. Keep the PMA (Not to be confused with PMS).