CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

You Spoke...I Listened

So after receiving numerous words of wisdom, advice, and support after my last post both on my blog and personally, I feel much better. Oddly enough, three people had the same theme in mind...contentment. Two of you lead me to a verse in Phillipians chapter4. And another talked about her personal walk with God and learning to be content. I have read that chapter many times and looked at it with an open heart again this morning and was suprised to see the word CONTENT in there.
"I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation...I can do everything through him who gives me strenth."
Man, those words make living in a camper so trivial, you know? It took my mom to remind me how upside down my world was five years ago...I had a beautiful home, but my health, Payton's health and Marcus' life were a day to day struggle. In retrospect, I am going to remain positive and pray daily until I can really say those verses and mean it!
Thanks a million for all of your support.
Oh, and maybe this is a sign from God...the owners of this place needed some concrete cutting around the pool...they asked Scott to do it (it's a quick and easy job for him) and agreed to barter by giving us free rent for September. So now I am content with staying here through September, knowing it is FREE!!!

1 comments:

aunt nancy said...

Thata girl! Glad things are looking better for you.