CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Five Things You May Not Know About Me


This was a tough challenge inspired by Amy, but here's what I came up with.

1. I chew my nails constantly. I try not to. I try to keep them pretty. But I always go back to chewing them, mostly in the car on the long drive home.

2. I am certified to teach deaf education, any area of special education k-12, physical education and secondary English. In Texas, once you have initial certification you can take any test to get additional certification.

3. I want to be a speech pathologist. But I would have to get my masters. And I can't do that masters and teach at the same time, so I'd have to quit my job and go to school full time...maybe another day.

4. I am not a clean person...my house often goes un-mopped or vacuumed, we forget to change the sheets and on more than on occassion i have gone to bed without washing my face or brushing my teeth. I am just lazy about being clean.

5. Here's the really bizarre thing...i type in my head. Yes that's right. When people say things i start to tune them out and practice sitting at my computer mentally typing everything they say. I try to keep up with them. I think that's why I am a good speller and a really fast keyboarder! That is bizarre, I know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All interesting - some I already knew. But, #5: I see words spelled in my head. e.g. if someone says a name, I see it spelled and am surprised when they spell it another way. I only type in my head after I've been doing that a lot, usually when I'm trying to go to sleep.

~Lori said...

This is amazing: I type in my head too! I think it's the 2 typing classes in high school that did it to me, but I do the same thing. Bizarro.

Jill said...

Hmm... maybe it is genetic. I almost put on my list of 5 that since I was young, I have to spell things in even numbers in my head... for example, if I hear the word "pickle", i have to break it into like 5s of something, and say "pickl, epick, lepic, klepi,cklep,ickle" until the word ends up spelled to the last letter. does that make any sense?? that's why i left it off my list... hard to explain, and makes me a bit crazy! but i have my list done too. check it out. part of my "obsessive/compulsiveness" that i mentioned, because i have to have the word done perfectly!

Amy Covey said...

OKay...I have to admit that I type things out in my head too (and sometimes with my fingers on my lap). I was going to put it on my list of 5 things, but thought it would be too hard to explain. It sounds like we need someone to psycho-analyze our obsession with typing words out. Bizarro is right!!!

Anonymous said...

Here's one of mine: I still count music in my head, and have to be on my left foot for the odd beats. Glad all those lessons paid off somehow.

Anonymous said...

Wow this is incredible.I type and count music in my head also.Haha No just kidding I cant do either one.Bren, I am really proud of you baby.Your awesome baby!!!!!!!! Love ya