CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 07, 2008

I AM the Biggest Loser...literally

I am the biggest loser...not as in losing weight, but as in being a complete loser.  I gained a lot of weight last year and got really lazy.  So I decided I must do something about it.  I got the Biggest Loser book and read through it.  I found lots of healthy food choices and decided to go for it.  Then I had to come up with a workout plan, which basically has to be at 5:30 am...it's my only option.  So I bought the Biggest Loser workout DVD yesterday to do.  It is 3 different segments...starting with a beginning exerciser.  I've never been much of an athlete, but I have always been in pretty good shape.  And I've seen the size of these people on the show.  So I got up this morning to do the beginning workout, figuring it would be a piece of cake.

All I can say is WOW...I am already hurting.  I was dying...and I did it the easiest way possible.  I have a lot of work to do.  I am so ashamed.  The good news is I am really awake now...the bad news is I am so hungry, already getting sore, and thought I was going to throw up before my 30 minutes were up.
So I must continue...I guess this weight loss/healthy thing is going to be harder than I thought!

6 comments:

~Lori said...

Ugh. I feel your pain, literally. This baby gut is on my nerves and so I pulled out the old trusty Pilates DVD this morning...which i used to be a pro at! Obviously I haven't worked out in a year, because 8 minutes into it I thought I might die. I didn't, but I think I came close...
We'll cheer each other on, OK? :)

Anonymous said...

Have you tried any of the recipes yet? Share the good ones if you find any, okay? And keep working. I have heard it gets easier. At least it gets easier getting up early. MOM

Jill said...

I went the past 2 days to Jazzercise -the first time in a while I made it 2 days in a row - and both instructors did the same tricep routine. So, right now, I can barely lift my arms! I feel your pain... literally!

Lisa Uotinen said...

I can relate too, I'm trying as well. I LOVED your last comment on my blog, by the way! it was hilarious. i will be directing my mom to it. yes, Sherri is 20 now and has her own apartment near my mom and Ann and Todd. very hard to believe! - Lisa

Anonymous said...

good luck! I think committing to a 5:30 a.m. workout is a huge step in itself! Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

I think a 5:30 a.m. anything is probably nuts, but if it works for you, go for it. Too bad we can't just get taller.