CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Jesus, the cross, and a four year old's thoughts

Yesterday we were driving home from day care. Apparently Carsyn saw a cross on a church. The rest goes something like this.
"Mommy, is that the cross Jesus died on?" (yes)
" How did he get up there? Did he crawl up there?"
(no, he was put up there and nailed through his hands and feet)
"Owie...that would hurt. I wish I would not get stuck on a cross. Did Jesus cry?"
(yes, I am sure he did)
"Oh, then is Jesus a girl?"
(no, Jesus is a boy, why?)
"Cuz, boys don't cry, only baby boys, only girls cry when they are big"
(I explain that sometimes when they are really sad or really hurt boys cry too)
"Maybe they tied him up around his belly. But if you tie someone up around their throat you choke the breaf out of them and they die. Maybe they tie him up around his hands and feet and take him to jail."

The conversation continued for a while...I just turned up the music and drove on. Man, she is creative and thoughtful...kinda scary!

7 comments:

~Lori said...

ok, you are cracking me up here.....

Jill said...

Go Carsyn! Can't wait till I add to my blog later about her visit last night...

Amy Covey said...

She cracks me up. seriously...you could write a book with all her funny stories.

Anonymous said...

Yes that definitely was worth the read. Creativity is alive and well. MOM

Anonymous said...

Do you think it's an inherited trait? Of course, she sounds like she's a true Texan with her thoughts on the genders.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your "Carsyn stories" :)
Hopefully, you'll be able to add pictures to your blog again soon.
Aunt Barb

-kj said...

Smart cookie! -kristin