CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back to School

So the home computer is still being repaired.... no new pictures to post yet. But there are many ready to go when we do finally get it back! I had my first week back at inservice...a little dull as usual, but good to get back into the swing of things! My students start on Monday...we are almost at 2400 students last I heard. Wow, that's way too many. We now have portable buildings all around the school....our administrators call it our FEMA community. It's pretty bad.
Speaking of pretty bad, Carsyn's tonsils are still awful. We went to see the ENT last Monday and he said they were almost touching. She is getting her tonsils and adenoids out this Thursday. It seems like something happens the first week back to school almost every year for me!!! Marcus is going to have to miss his 4th day of school to stay home with Payton...not sure what other option we have. Thanks goodness I have a stay-at-home mom friend who lives right by my school and will let Carsyn rest at her house at the end of the next week so she doesn't have to go back to day care too soon.
Well I guess I should go...a little ballerina who is currently on her 6th outfit of the day (and it's only 10:45 am) is dying to go swimming. Talk to you later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Carsyn's haas to have surgery, but you know it will be worthwhile in the long haul. I hope it goes well and she recovers really quickly.

Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking about Carsyn on tonsil day and praying for a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Wish we could just "drive over" to help but it doesn't work that way. Let us know how everything goes on Thursday. MOM

Jill said...

If I didn't have to be at school at 6:50 all week, I could probably help you out! But we'll be by Friday with milkshakes, slushies, or whatever else Carsyn decides she would like for a treat! Have a great first day with kids. I am dreading how tired I'll be tomorrow at this time.

Anonymous said...

Brenda- just browsing your blog and saw about Carsyn. Sorry she has to get the tonsils and adenoids out. Jackson is actually having surgery Tuesday to get more tubes put in his ears and his adenoids taken out (not the tonsils- they said it is not necessary at this time) One word of advise. Do not give Carsyn any milk products- including ice cream. It may sound nice because it is cold, but it actually makes the recovery harder because it produces phlegm. Stick to popsicles! Good luck. Vickie