CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Catchin' Up

Ok, so I know it's been a long time, and I have no photos to share, but lots to fill you in on.
1. The 4th grade writing TAKS test is done...hallelujah. That was a nightmare to prepare for. The night before the TAKS while Scott was still in Arizona I started to feel really sick. I couldn't take the day off because I had to administer it to my students so I dragged my nauseous tired self to work on Tuesday and made it through somehow. I was in bed all day Wednesday and Thursday completely nauseous...it was horrible. Friday I went back to work.

2. We went to Killeen/Temple over the weekend. On Saturday we went to JIll's for Mia's party and just hung out. Then Jill and I went to see the Shopaholic movie, which was fabulous.

3. On Sunday we went to see Ganny...hadn't seen her since we moved. We picked up a dozen Shipley's donuts and visited with her for a little while. She was so happy to see us!

4. Then we went to the hospital to meet our newest family member, Lizzy. She literally took my breath away because she is so tiny, but perfect. She is truly a miracle. It really is amazing to see her and much of a fighter she is already.

5. I choked...on water...and Scott and Marcus both took turns giving me the heimlich maneuver in the parking lot of Scott and White Hospital til I could breathe again. I mean really...who does that???

6. We spent time on the farm after the hospital and lunch. We threw rocks in the tank, found "dinosaur bones" (cow bones), and Scott got to shoot his guns. It was cool to just be able to drive around and explore and relax together. It was also 85 degrees and sunny so we loved it.

7. Now I am back for one week in the real world, and not feeling well again...I think the problem this time is that it was 85 and sunny on Sunday and now the drought has broken...it is 35 degrees and rainy and dreary...it sucks and our sinuses are all feeling it.

8. Next week is SPRING BREAK!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

i hear you on the rain! we go 2 months with none, then 24 hours straight of it. and i love cold weather, but really, 80 one day, 40 the next?? thanks for coming down this weekend. we've missed seeing you guys all the time. did you take photos of lizzy?

Anonymous said...

It's weird but we have had several days of the same weather but for us the 40's was considered warm. Lots of flooding around. Sorry to hear you have been sick but sounds like you had some good days in between the bad. MOM

Jill said...

yay for spring break! we may not get to come up for the zoo... we have to do our yard midweek when marc's dad is free, then mia has pics later in the week. are you going for sure? if not, maybe we can go one of the next weekends.

Amy Covey said...

I can't believe you choked on water! That's crazy. Enjoy your spring break! Are you doing anything exciting??