CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Why worry?

Here's my inspirational story for y'all. We have much to worry about...selling the house, buying a house, moving, new schools, money, and me finding a job. But I have been really trying not to worry...but to just pray to God to deliver our needs instead. Carsyn got this new bible for graduation and likes me to read to her. I found a passage in Luke about worry. Last night I read it to Scott. It basically was God saying we have little or no power compared to him so don't bother worrying, just pray instead.
Today we drove to Aledo to meet again with the realtor and seriously look at a house we thought would be perfect. And it was. We endedup putting a contingency offer on it...word on that and photos will follow later. It just seemed perfect...and as I was lookingand loving it and then thinking again about everything that has to workout in the next two months, you will not believe this.
Scott and I walked into the little girls' room. On her bed was a pillow that said:
Worry about Nothing
Pray about Everything

How awesome is that???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect! Isn't it amazing what happens when we really stop worrying and just give it over to Him? (not that is it always easy) but once you do, it is awesome!
Keep posting - I can't wait to hear more!
Kara

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start our morning--reading this.In our Bible Study this is what is called a "God Stop" moment or as George Strait sings, "I saw God today". Keep trusting and believing. Mom

Amy Covey said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to hear more about the house and see photos.

PS I love that Juno song. I just downloaded it. Did you watch the movie?

~Lori said...

Pretty amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great that God is never too busy to hear our prayers? I'm sure everything will work as for y'all. Enjoy this beautiful day!