CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 30, 2007

My "Feather"


Did anyone watch Nate on Oprah the other day? He had framed and matted a feather in a woman's living room. Her husband had passed away and it was meaningful to her (anyone know why? I missed that part.) Anyway, they were talking about what their "feather" is...the one thing that symbolizes what matters most. This is my feather. I need a great photo of it (hint hint Amy) so it can go in our house. IN fact, Scott and I are even considering tattoos of it! I taught Carsyn this a long time ago. Now the whole family does it all the time. Even Payton comes close do doing it! So I guess it's our feather! What's your feather?

3 comments:

Amy Covey said...

I've seen that episode of Oprah before and loved the feather idea. I don't know what my feather is...I'll have to do some thinking on that one. I already have some ideas for your "feather" photo...just remind me when you're here.

Amy Covey said...

I looked on Oprah.com to see what the significance of a feather was for her. Here's what the episode info said: In one of many gestures of tender genius, Nate mounts and frames a perfect white feather (on the far back wall). Feathers have been mysteriously floating into Hilary's life like silent messages from her late husband.

Anonymous said...

We did that with our kids, too. In fact, the sound wasn't working well at the end of my webcam conversation with Jessica yesterday, so we did that and then you kiss your fingers, too. Best we could do, but it got the message across. I'll have to think about the feather, though. (Also, thanks to "If you give a mouse...", choking yourself meant you really need a drink.)