CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So this is what I get for braggin...

Sorry to all my northern friends/family for braggin...we are now day two in an ice storm. Yesterday morning Momo's school got called off...he stayed home with Payt. Carsyn and I braved Ft. Worth ISD together. Half of my kids were absent. By 11 I was so nervous and tired of checking the weather that I finally talked to my principal and she surprisingly said to go home. So I had a half day off for free. By ten o clock last night Ft. Worth schools were all called off. We all stayed home today. I spent the time cleaning, catching up on laundry, finishing my latest book (One Fifth Avenue...highly recommend it, especially if you are a sex and the city fan), and finding old friends on facebook. Actually a once inseparable friend of mine, known as the other Brenda, found me today on facebook. She was the one who took started this Texas adventure with me. I hadn't heard from her in years and was really excited to start the catching up process. I hope she's checking this out now! Gotta go...Scott and I are now two weeks into the P90X workout and diet program so my delicious dinner of Salmon and Quinoa are almost ready...it's not that filling, but trying new things is always interesting. Stay warm!

4 comments:

Jill said...

what the heck is quinoa??? we k-towners are bitter we had to go to work. at 7:30 when the bell rang, i was the only person there from 3rd grade -4 teachers and the aide were all still trying to get to work! we need to plan a time to meet up. since our spring break plans have changed, maybe we can try the dinos... and then there's mia's party too!

Anonymous said...

Didn't I tell you NOT to tell me about your great weather??? We have plenty--12+ inches added yesterday and everything was closed. Roads are terrible and it is still very cold. But I am glad you were safe through it all. MOM

Anonymous said...

PS to Jill, sorry you feel left out but I would rather have to go to school than have what we have. MOM

Anonymous said...

Jill already asked about the quinoa. the computer doesn't recognize it, either. I'm tired of our snow, and i know we have more coming, but I'd rather have that than ice. Where the heck is Al Gore's global warming?